I’ve been thinking about it for a while and am pretty sure I’m going to merge all the posts at SpacyTracie.com with this blog.
This blog has been in existence in one form or another since 1997 (before “blog” was an everyday word) and has always been a smorgasbord of our lives, our kids, Jack, me, etc.
I created SpacyTracie.com just over four years ago thinking that I would be ranting a lot about my diabetes. I didn’t want to clutter things up here with my rants and raves about having diabetes, my weight issues, etc. But Diabetes has just become a part of my life and I no longer find many things to rant about or post about. Even if I did, I’ve come to realize that putting my thoughts and feelings about it here is fine and not really off topic. This blog is about Jack and I, as well as our family. After all it’s “JacknTracie.com” right?
I’ve been thinking about it a good long while, but haven’t gotten around to it because I knew merging the blog would be a pretty daunting task.
Today I updated our wordpress and discovered they made it super simple to import every post, comment, picture, and even the categories and tags right into this blog with just a few clicks of a button. How cool is that?
So soon, when I have the time to update the theme here, spacytracie and jackntracie will become one blog. And should be updated a LOT more often since wondering which blog to post on will be no longer be an issue.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a Bullet Sunday and there’s so much random stuff going on I figured it was fitting to do one today.
- Last weekend the sun was shining, it was close to 80 degrees outside and we had a BBQ. This weekend we’re taking pictures of the snow that fell. SNOW. In April. This just isn’t right. It wasn’t a lot of snow and it’s gone now but still. Snow? In April? Unheard of around here.
- Today’s the day we get to go to JCPenney and to have them correct their mistake. I have to quote Jeff in the comments on that post because he gave an awesome suggestion for how to handle it:
Jeff on April 20th, 2008 at 7:29 am
(((RING))) (((RING))) (((RING)))
Tracie: “Hello, Store Manager? Yes, I’d like you to send someone out to the house to finish the job that your sales clerk didn’t.”
Store Manager: “Well, Ma’am, I don’t think I can do that.”
Tracie: “I’ll come to you, then. I’ll be the one with the flock of kids running wild up & down your aisles of nice, light-colored, ladies springtime outfits with triple-scoop chocolate ice cream cones.”
My kids are usually well-behaved in stores. (I say usually because sometimes when their dad is with them they are less well-behaved because he’s a big dopey kid himself who doesn’t see anything wrong with running up and down the aisles.) But in this case, I think Jeff’s idea is a good one. Don’t you?
- Today is also the day we will finally replace the stupid vertical blinds that plague our back patio door. I can’t stand them anymore. Though I do think I’ll be in for disappointment. I’m pretty sure the curtain I want will have to be ordered. *sigh* I also want to look at installing some motion sensor lights for our driveway. Our old house had them and I miss being able to turn off the porch light but still have those come on when we came home or when someone comes over.
- I haven’t updated on my health lately so here’s quickie: I’m doing OK with the Diabetes and my BG levels are pretty under control. I have a doc appointment coming up soon’ish and I’ll find out how my cholesterol levels are. I know he’s going to want to put me back on the Lovastatin and I’m not looking forward to that battle with him. Weight-wise I’m still stuck in the same rut (lost 50 pounds, gained back 10 and have plateaued).
- I changed up the site design here at spacytracie.com a bit. The basic template is the same but I’ve taken out the colors on the sidebars and changed up the fonts a bit. I also created a graphical logo for the header and a favicon. I think this is easier on the eyes and a bit less busy. What do you think?
- Who watched Battlestar Galactica? I don’t want to say much … but OMG! Just.. OMG! What a totally messed up episode. OMG! … lol
[tags]bullet sunday,diabetes,living with diabetes,cholesterol,battlestar galactica,vertical blinds,jcpenney,wordpress template,site design[/tags]
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
Since today is the first day of Spring, here is thirteen things I love and hate about Spring:
- Love: Flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers?
- Hate: Flowers. I’d like to know who came up with the idea that flowers should make you sneeze? I ache for poor Jack this time of year.
- Love: The grass growing again. There’s nothing like a fresh green lawn.
- Hate: Damn grass grows too fast and has to be mowed once a week. And again, who’s bright idea was it to make grass give people hay fever??
- Love: Cherry blossoms blooming. What’s not to love about pretty pink trees?
- Hate: Damn cherry blossom flower petals get everywhere!
- Love: The kids can play outside again! Sometimes without a coat.
- Hate: Yard work
- Love: I can exercise outside! Go for walks, etc. Bahahaha. Like I get exercise?? If only I had that elliptical I’ve been wanting. (Only if Jack miraculously finds room in the garage…)
- Love: Spring cleaning! I love my house to be sparkly and shiny.
- Hate: Spring cleaning. I’m a clean freak in a lazy person’s body.
- Love: Portland Saturday Market opens – I vow to get there more often this year.
- Hate: The dog hair *everywhere* that my dogs shed. UGH! I should save it and knit a sweater. Seriously.
Thursday Thirteen Participants
Links to more Thursday Thirteens: homemom3 | HolleeAnn | On Shades of Gray | scooper | Chris
[tags]thursday,thirteen,thursday thirteen,t13,love and hate about spring,spring,I love spring[/tags]
I feel much better today. I did get to listen to music most of the night, had a couple drinks, and had a mostly relaxing gaming session with Jack and some friends last night in EverQuest II. (I say mostly because the majority of the people we roll with play to have fun, while some take it a bit too seriously and make it almost a job. THAT isn’t fun.)
As we head into spring, our ‘to-do’ list is growing rapidly. Things we need to do around the house, yard to clean up (having 3 dogs is hard on a yard, I tell ya), and plans are being made about how we want to spend our spring and summer. I am SO ready for winter to be over!
One of the things we’d love to do more of this summer is take the kids camping. Not SCA events like we’ve done in the past but good old-fashioned camping. One of the best things about living in the NW is the many many beautiful camping opportunities. Oceans, mountains, rivers, we have it all. The problem is we have such a large family of children and pets it can get to be quite a challenge. It’s not in the cards any time soon but we have been keeping our out eye on travel trailers for sale. We’d be able to go just about anywhere if we had one. Our house even is designed to have room to park one when not in use.
I suppose getting one of those is much more practical for us than a fancy sport car for me, huh? 🙂
My blood sugar shot up today. I couldn’t figure out why. I ate good today (even eating breakfast on time). I got more exercise than normal running up and down the stairs to do laundry, so there was no reason for it that I could see. Except then it dawned on me that I forgot my meds this AM. I never forget. But… I also rarely eat breakfast when I first get up. Since I did eat something first thing this morning, I totally forgot to take my doggone pills. I thought about taking a brisk walk to help bring it down, but it started raining. Then hailing. I ran to the store instead on my lunch break and walked really fast up and down the isles. I’m sure people thought I was crazy but it helped! It’s times like this I wish we had exercise equipment in the house such as one of these ellipticals. Then again, I have no idea where we’d put one.
I finally fixed the IE6 issue only to be faced with a new issue. Adding new categories is broken. That happened after a recent update to WordPress. It’s fine on my other blog though so I don’t know if it’s a theme issue or what’s going on. 😦 It can be really frustrating dealing with all these little miscellaneous issues to keep a blog going. It feels like I’ve aged 20 years and should be looking into assisted living software with the amount of time I’ve spent fixing this stuff. If anyone knows anything about the category issue after updating to WordPress 2.3.2, feel free to contact me. I sure would appreciate it. 🙂
[tags]category issue, wordpress categories, wordpress update, wordpress 2.3.2[/tags]