Thirteen Things I’m Thankful For
1. Without a doubt, the number one thing I’m thankful for is my family. I’m blessed to have a wonderful caring husband who dotes on me and treats me like a queen. Who understands me (most of the time) and puts up with my crap. And my children are truly the joy of my life.
2. I’m thankful for my friends. I’ve never been one to run in a large circle of friends. Instead I’ve formed close friendships with a few people. These friends know more about me than anyone else (outside my husband) and these friendships have lasted more than a decade. In one case, two decades…
3. As much as having diabetes sucks, and the issues with cholesterol and the extra weight, I’m actually pretty healthy. So yeah.. I’m thankful for my health, despite the challenges.
4. I’m thankful our house sold before the market went nuts and that it only took four days on the market. This is a big deal because we were going to try to hang on it it and rent it out. We made the decision to sell rather hastily and I’m so thankful we did. If we hadn’t, we would have been severely screwed if we didn’t get renters in there. Selling it also meant we could finally get some nice things for ourselves such as our 46″ LCD TV, an actual real bedroom furniture set, and a decent couch. We’d never had these things before (we had couches but never new.. only used) and while the items themselves are material and meaningless in the grand scheme of things, having the opportunity to purchase and enjoy them was a great experience.
5. I’m very happy that this year was a better than 2006. In 2006 my mother had a horrible accident, our friends house burned down and my oldest son was there to witness the aftermath (they lost all their pets), and my step father died. 2006 sucked. 2007 with all its ups and downs was cake in comparison.
6. I’m thankful I lost my job. That may sound crazy but other than worrying about finances from time to time, my overall stress level has decreased so much that I’m a happier person overall. It also opened up other opportunities for me and allowed me to see things for what they really were.
7. I’m thankful to live in such a beautiful place. Where the falls are breathtaking, the winters are manageable, the springs burst with life, and the summers are warm.
8. I’m thankful that at any given time if we want to get out of the house, we have our choice of big cities, or the countryside, mountains, the ocean, rivers, and even deserts and all within a few hours drive from our own home.
9. I’m thankful for my new job.
10. Despite the skin conditions and the barking, the meowing and the fur in places it shouldn’t be, I’m very thankful for my pets.
11. I’m thankful I’m already on number 11 because I didn’t realize it would be this hard to find thirteen things I was thankful for that weren’t trivial and stupid. For example,
12. I’m thankful for scented candles. What can I say? Certain scents make me happy and there’s a scented candle for everything now.
13. I don’t know if I’ll be able to post next Thursday (Thanksgiving) because we’re traveling over the river and through the woods (literally) to Jack’s grandmother’s house. In fact, this is something I’m thankful for… that we get to spend another year at Jack’s grandmother’s. She doesn’t have a computer and thus no internet. I’m going to try to post something but if I do find an internet connection, I don’t know if I’ll have time to do a TT.
[tags]Thursday Thirteen, Thursday 13, TT13, things I’m thankful for, thankful, Thanksgiving[/tags]